The #1 Accessory at NYFW SS18

7:12 AM




New York Fashion Week (aka NYFW) is a wondrous time of the year when the style loving people of the world flock to NYC and sneak a peek at upcoming fashion line collections. My friend Erin and I snagged tickets for two shows at NYFW SS18 and we were so excited to go.

Until I had to set my alarm on Saturday night - then we decided to just go to the 3PM Leanne Marshall show. We ventured to the city and grabbed a delicious brunch at Gardenia in the West Village. Also, Benedict Cumberbatch was there but I was in a NY State of Mind, trying to be cool, calm, and collected, and refrained from grabbing a pic.

But I am now FULL OF REGRETS.

This place was aesthetically adorable and their food and drinks were perfection. It was also kind of empty, which at 12pm on a Sunday in the West Village was amazing.





But onto the fashion.

The #1 accessory I saw at NYFW SS18 was: confidence.

Image from Vogue.com

Image from Vogue.com

Image from Vogue.com

Image from Vogue.com

Image from Vogue.com

Image from Vogue.com


Whether people were wearing multi-colored fringed jackets or a simple LBD, their confidence exuded through their fashion, making them look in-the-know. I saw so many incredible outfits and thought to myself, "Man, I could never pull that off."

That is because I tried to. When shopping for my NYFW outfit, I tried on so many different things that were so "un-Alli". I searched Nordstrom and Bloomingdales online for on sale merch with a pricey nametag but nothing grabbed me. I headed to Target and bought some cute stuff but when I went to try it on the night before, I sat frustrated on my bed wondering if I even wanted to go to the shows at all.

It is no secret that I'm not a size 0 and I've mostly come to terms with that. In fact, most of the time I'm quite a confident lady. So when I was trying to dress the way I "thought" I should for NYFW instead of in what makes me feel beautiful I ended up having a real issue.

But I forgot something I've learned in the past few years: It doesn't matter what size the clothes in the closet are, it is how you carry yourself when you wear them.

So I searched my closet for some of my favorite dresses and decided on a  mint, polka dot, flowy dress that made me feel comfortable. I paired it with my faux leather jacket and got some fun kicks at Target to stay true to my style (I can't walk in heels).

Your style speaks who you are without having to say a word. 

When you feel confident, that is when you look most beautiful. So forget what trends are hip right now and don't try to dress like someone you are not. Dress to be yourself and you will feel comfortable, confident, and gorgeous. 

Details: 
Dress - ASOS - it was such a comfy and fun dress, reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream
Shoes - TARGET - I loved these faux fur pom poms!
Jacket - TARGET - a fall staple
Black Bag - MATT + NAT 
Tink Bag - Danielle Nicole Handbags










 

You Might Also Like

0 comments