Gingham Pom Pom Dress: Styling for Fall

4:00 AM

Don't you hate when you can no longer wear your summer clothes?



Now that we're into mid-September, the cooler temps are making it harder and harder for me to wear my favorite attire - dresses!

I'd gotten a few dresses before I went on vacation, but I didn't get a chance to wear them all. Even so, I know with the right additions I can wear all my summer favorites right through fall!

The hubs and I went out for a late lunch on Saturday, so I was able to put a few of my favorite strategies to work. I took the black and white gingham dress I snagged from ASOS (check out those fun Pom Poms!) and added simple black leggings, a faux leather jacket from Target, and high top Converse. I also added my Danielle Nicole Disney bag for some Disneystyle!











Leggings are my favorite way to wear dresses through the changing weather. I usually grab a few pairs in black, blue, and gray at the beginning of each season. Old Navy and Target have great leggings for a bargain. I've found the Old Navy to be a bit see through, so just make sure you are wearing a dress or top that falls well below your bum!

A light jacket is a fall staple of mine. This faux leather jacket from Target adds a little bit of edge to any outfit, in addition to keeping me warm when the cool fall breeze blows.

I also brought my Matt & Nat bag along. They are an ethical company who does not use any animal material. In fact, the inside material of my bag is made from recycled plastic bottles! I have a simple black bag, but they have a variety of great colors and styles. My bag was bought on sale at Nordstrom!







Brian and I decided to eat at Tokyo Sushi in Easton, PA. It was our first time there. To be honest, I've been looking for a "go-to" sushi place since I moved into this area almost two years ago, but there were none nearby. Last week, during date night, we walked by Tokyo Sushi which opened about 6 months ago. So today, we finally decided to try it. Everything we had was delicious and beautiful - even the green tea bubble tea! The restaurant itself inside was awesome - the old architecture was a pleasure to look at while dining. I am SO excited to finally have a sushi spot near our house! Afterwards, we went over to Bank Street Creamery for ice cream cones. You know what I love about ice cream in cooler weather? It doesn't melt all over you while you're eating!






What are some of your fall fashion staples? Do you switch your summer wardrobe out completely once it gets cooler, or try to make those pieces work all fall and winter long? Let me know!





You Might Also Like

0 comments