Working Girl Disney Style: Aurora Inspired OOTD

6:50 AM

It is easy to find your Disney Style if you can run around in a mickey tees and ears all day... but what about those of us working in the corporate world?



As a professional young woman working in a corporate office setting, there are certain guidelines to follow when it comes to a company dress code. By no means do I have to wear a pant suit to work every day (though I feel that could be a fun challenge), but over the past 7 years of my career I've definitely honed in on my own certain "work style".

I LOVE dresses. They are so versatile for every season: pair with leggings, boots, and scarves in fall and winter, pair with wedges and a bright lip for spring and summer. You never have to change out your closet because your dresses can be worn year round. Layer for each season with a cardigan, jean jacket, or blazer for an instant seasonal update. I often opt for dresses with fun patterns or bright colors.



You know how you often hear the phrase, "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"? Well, I like to dress for the attitude I want. Even if I wake up on the wrong side of the bed, a colorful outfit can instantly brighten my day (literally)!



I found this great dress at Francesca's (find it here). It may look like a familiar style, and that is because I also have it in this blue flower pattern. The fit was perfect for me, so when I found it in this vibrant pink color I knew it was meant to be.

It gave me a bit of Sleeping Beauty whimsy - make it pink! - so when getting dressed for work I wanted to add a pin for a touch of Disney flair. Many times, this is how I'll add Disney Style to my work style. A simple pin adds just the right amount of magic to a look while still looking like a business professional!

Back in June, I got a the Disney Nesting Dolls Mystery Pin Pack which has been one of my most favorite pin packs to date! I ended up with an Aurora pin in there, so I decided to add it to my trusty jean jacket. My pastel jeweled Candie's sandals (bought at Kohl's quite a few years ago) were the final touch to making this Aurora Inspired Look come to life, and my gold A bar necklace fit the role perfectly as well.  A for Alli & Aurora. Bam.

What do you think? What is your favorite way to add Disney Style into your work attire?









You Might Also Like

0 comments