This is 30!

6:00 AM

Today, I am 30 years old. 

Everyone has mixed feelings about birthdays, but whether you are happy about setting off towards another year of life or sad because you know your face will be getting more lines and your hair may be gaining gray strands, I think everyone can agree that everyday you get to take a breathe is a blessing.

"Growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional." This is one of my favorite ways to think about getting older.

As I reflect on my 30 years of life, I think of all the things that make me who I am. The good times, the bad times, memories both happy and sad, they have all shaped me into the person I've become.

I could go on and on about the people who have touched my life and what they have meant to me, the certain things I've been through that make me the resilient woman I've become and flaunt my many accomplishments, travels, and the wonderful things I have going for me.

Instead I'd like to share with you some of the things I've learned in these 30 years.


Life is the Bubbles!
A Lesson from The Little Mermaid
Have fun. Start each day with a smile. Don't take yourself too seriously. Live in the sunshine. And if all else fails... pop a bottle of champagne & sing a song.







It Never Hurts to Keep Looking for Sunshine
A Lesson from Winnie the Pooh

Life isn't all rainbows and sunny skies. There are storms and rain clouds and sometimes you don't know if you'll ever be able to see the light again. But no, it never hurts to keep looking for that sunshine. Find the silver linings, look for the happiness. Soon enough, it will come shining through. 


Ain't No Need to Watch Where I'm Goin', 
Just Need to Know Where I've Been
A Lesson from Cars




Oh, Mater! For such a silly guy you sure do know how to give a good lesson. We can plan for the future as much as we want (and hey! I'm all about having goals and aspirations), but sometimes reflecting what you've been through in your life is the greatest way to prepare for the unknown ahead.

Ladies Don't Start Fights, 
But They Can Finish Them
A Lesson from Aristocats
Always keep a positive outlook and be kind to others, but never be afraid to stand up for yourself!






Love is the Greatest Adventure
A Lesson from Up!


Up is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies and there are just so many lessons to be learned from start to finish. I think of Brian as the Carl to my Ellie and I am so blessed to be on this lifetime of adventure with him. Seriously - we've been together for almost 10 years now, just about a third of my life! Adventure is out there and I love finding it with you, Brian.

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes. 
Haven't You?
A Lesson from Alice in Wonderland

Always be yourself & don't worry about what other people think about you. You can be serious or silly, straight-laced or wacky. As long as you are being you, who cares what anyone else thinks!





Everyday Can Be The Best Day Ever 
When You've Got a Dream
A Lesson from Tangled
Life is what you make of it, people! You only get one life. Keep pursuing the things that make you happy and get rid of the things that don't. Life is too short to be unhappy. Go, live your dream!



 





Never Grow Up
A Lesson From Peter Pan

So, I guess I AM a grown up. I have been working full-time for seven years. I bought a house and a car. I have a 401K. But guess what? I also know that growing older and wiser is different than growing old and bitter. As long as I stay young at heart and true to myself, I'll never really grow up.





Here's To 30 and Beyond!





You Might Also Like

0 comments